Sunday, November 22, 2009

Craniosacral therapy


I chose this photo because I had tree visions of in my last Cranial Sacral session

My massage therapist and wonderful friend, Kim Elkins, has been doing Craniosacral Therapy(CST) on me a few times over the past 6 weeks. I am sharing this because it has been a very healing experience for me. After a treatment I feel like what I imagine being high feels like. I am so relaxed, balanced, free and happy. What is Craniosacral Therapy you may be asking. Here is a website that describes it pretty well.

http://massage-techniques.suite101.com/article.cfm/craniosacral_therapy_for_health

I really recommend Googling some more sites for added info. Some sites I went on do recommended CST for Fibromyalgia. If nothing else it can help with stress management. I am soooooo relaxed after CST. Life just seems easier mentally and physically.
It is hard to describe what magic is exactly going on in my body during my CST session, but what I feel is subtle movements in my body and sometimes pulsing where ever Kim's hands are. I also see visions and "movies" in my head. I think the visions are a way for my brain to process information. Like dreaming. Now this is really neat! Sometimes Kim sees the same visons I do. So we compare notes through out my session. CST is done with a very light touch, which can be good for folks with Fibro. I highly recommend giving CST a try, if you can find it in your area.
Sending love and positive healing energy...
Happy day!

2 comments:

CranioBrian said...

You can search for therapists in your area here:

http://www.iahp.com/pages/search/index.php

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing this info!