Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sleep



A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.
~Irish Proverb

Joy Scale: 9/10

Sleep, ah, such a wonderful thing. I love to fall into bed and have the waves of sleep overcome me as soon as I say my nightly prayers. I had my days early in my fibromyalgia days where I could not sleep. After a month of what seemed like very little sleep, I was barely functioning. Letting it get to that stage was very scary feeling. A body needs sleep to function! What I found to help me sleep was a Tylenol PM tablet and a 3mg Melatonin tablet. I am so anti-drugs that it was a hard step to take them. The good news is, now I rarely take anything for sleep, but I am thankful that those drugs helped over a hump at that difficult time in my life. A lesson to be learned here is, just because you use something to get you through, it doesn't mean you are going to have to use it forever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

took 2 Tylelnol PMs last night... no choice... sleep is essential...

Karen said...

A 2 Tylenol night....are you OK?

Anonymous said...

eh... so-so.... I'll live... I think...

Karen said...

You better live!!! What would I do with out you? Look, there I am being selfish! I love you sistah!