Thursday, January 21, 2010


photo from an email

"All this is simply to say that all life is interrelated. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality; tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. As long as there is poverty in this world, no man can be totally rich even if he has a billion dollars. As long as diseases are rampant and millions of people cannot expect to live more than twenty or thirty years, no man can be totally healthy, even if he just got a clean bill of health from the finest clinic in America. Strangely enough, I can never be what I need to be until I am what I need to be.
This is the way the world is made."
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Today's Affirmation
I am connected to all of life.

Today's Meditation
Dear God, Spirit of the Universe, Mother, Father,
You are the fabric that binds all people together.
Yet, I often see myself as separated in so many ways:
different races, genders, sexual orientations, nationalities and religions.
Show me what I can do to help heal these illusions.
Help me to unite in love for the good of all.
Thank You.

No comments: